Friday, April 17, 2009

Unfuckingbeleivable.

Someone is dumping garbage at our house!
The other night I awoke at 4:30 am to the sound of someone walking up the driveway. This isn't uncommon, because we live in a 4-plex and the neighbors beside us use the back door as their main entrance, just like we do.

But then, they stopped, and an almighty racket ensued. It scared the living daylights out of me. Chain link fences rattled, bangning and dragging of cans, and at one point, I honestly thought that someone was trying to climb on top of the garbage shed to try and break into my window.

They didn't, of course, but I had the phone in my hand ready to call 911 if they did.

What I should have done, of course, is made a beeline for our roommate Drew's room so he could go kick some intruder ass. But it was 4:30 in the morning, and I was scared out of my mind and not thinking clearly. So I didn't.

The noise lasted a time, and then stopped. I managed to convince myself it was raccoons, and went back to sleep.

Lying awake in bed the next morning, I hear our neighbor from downstairs opening the garbage shed, then proceeding to fuss over how all the cans were full and something about "those effing kids upstairs".

And then it all clicked. AND I AM HOPPING MAD.

I always thought it was "those effing junkies" downstairs who were tossing out an unreasonable amount of stuff. last week, someone threw out an entire green garbage bag full of paperback books. Um, hello? those are recyclable?

But, apparently, it isn't them. those shoes and styrofoam blocks and plastic organizing tubs sitting beside the garbage cans? and all the garbage bags filling them? SOMEONE IS DUMPING THAT STUFF IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT!

I think a stakeout is in order, don't you?

p.s. - for the record, Kyle was not here that night or HE would have been the one going to kick some intruder ass.

p.p.s. - he comes home tonight! yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment