Tuesday, April 7, 2009

In which I am far too self-reflective for my first ever real blog post.

Talking to Kyle on the phone today, he asked me what I want to do when I finish nursing school. I guess this is something I should be thinking about, considering that finishing is coming sooner than later... 12 months from now, I will be an RN! They're going to loose me upon the world! And we are going to pack our bags, get out of our hometown (the only place Kyle has ever lived), and see the world!

Except, I'm not sure that I want to.

Both our families are here. Leaving them would fall in an uncomfortable place between bliss, guilt, and sadness.

And, over recent years, we have begun to realize that we are very, incredibly lucky to have so many friends we love, those pesky irreplacable sorts of people, all in once place.

Should we really leave that?
Bah. When will someone invent teleportation? then I can live in the Netherlands, work in the Arab Emirates, and still make it to wine nights or puppy play dates. Or puppy play dates at which there are wine.

whine.

No comments:

Post a Comment