Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Oh, luxurious leisurely day.

I woke up this morning, for the first time that I can remember in a long time, and thought to myself;

What do I want to do today?

And then I did a little mental happy dance, because I can hardly remember when I last had this luxury - usually, the question is 'what do I need to get done today?' Not that there is nothing on my to-do list... but there is nothing that needs my immediate attention.

So I put on some coffee, read a book for a while, and came on to the computer to read the posts in my google reader - and today, I didn't just scroll through, stopping on favourites or for a catchy title or nice photo. I read them! all!

Next, I'm going to take my pup-pup for a walk (or maybe even a run), Walk over to the new (big) thrift store around the corner to have a lookie-loo (Kyle bought an almost-new pair of roller blades there for only $4.50 a couple weeks ago), go to my hair appointment this afternoon, and then maybe do a bit of grocery shopping and make a simple, healthy dinner tonight.

So yeah, I might be dirt poor and jobless (though I have a phone interview tomorrow for a job across the country) and in a semi-permanent state of distress and panic, but today, I have a blank schedule, and am free to revel in all the luck in my life. I am a university graduate! I am marrying my love in six weeks! I have great friends, supportive family, and a whole life and career to get started on!

And I'm going to start it right now. By taking a slow, luxurious, agenda-less stroll with the dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment