Friday, July 17, 2009

When you can't stick to the plan...

you blog about it.

So here's the thing.
I'm getting married in 10 months. And I really would like to slim down a bit before then. Not because I want to be a bridezilla or will look at my wedding photos and gripe about my chins. Although it is true that I wouldn't mind showing the photos to my grandkids and reminiscing over how beautiful and thin I was back then.

The thing is, then: I love my curves. I am 5'7 and 165lbs. That is, from a BMI point of view, I'm overweight. Just a teensy bit, mind you. 6 pounds down would bring me into the 'normal' range. I don't particularly mind being overweight, because I'll have you know, I look fantastic naked. Just FYI.

But I would really, really love to be able to pull on a pair of jeans without worrying about whether they will show off my muffin top . I would kill to have a pair of pants wear out at the knees before they wear out where my thighs rub together. I'm not saying I want to be 110 pounds or anything. I just want to worry about the jiggle a little bit less.

As an almost-nurse, I also know the value of core strength and want to build in that way so that I do my best to avoid back injury.

And god dammit, I'll say it: I want to wear a strapless wedding gown without the chicken wings. There you go. I'm vain that way.

Another reason I want to lose some weight is that one day, maybe not so very far away, I want to have kids. and I want those future pregnancies to be happy and healthy and leaving me afterwards with a body which, while maybe not the same, is still something I can be happy with. Also, I am very afraid of the dreaded number: 200. At nine months pregnant, the last thing I want is for that number to be staring me in the face. Because if that happens, there will be a fight. And I already know, the hormones will win.

These thoughts have been fluttering around in my head for ages and ages, and I just can't seem to get started. I have my crazy summer work schedule partly to thank for this. The rest of the credit can go to the raging sweet-tooth, carb-loving maniac who lives inside me. Thanks, maniac.

I don't honestly know where to start, or even what my goal is. I think a realistic thing would be to go for 10%: 16.5 lbs.
I've had some past success with weight watchers (I used to be 15-20 lbs heavier), but I can't afford that business right now. But I do need to be conscious about my eating habits and oh, I don't know, get moving a little more. Which means ending this blog post and getting the eff outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment