I finally took the time to take photos! not good photos, by the by. Rainy day photos in a hallway with one tiny, east-facing window. But photos! proof that I did, indeed, do the thing that I said that I did!
the trim and doors didn't get done. I didn't have enough trim and door paint left over from the living room. I actually kind of like the cream and green together, it looks very vintage-y. However, I will be painting them, just because of the current status of their paint jobs. (I refer you to this post)
In other news, here is the status of my to-do list:(items in bold are done because I don't know how to strike through in blogger)
- order transcripts for anthropology elective and have them sent to the university so that they don't kick me out of nursing school.
- Buy dog food.
- Clean out storage closet, put up a craigslist ad or two. (fake Christmas tree, anyone?)
- 'Mow' the 'lawn'*, buy and pot a plant or two, stick solar lights in ground. (still have to borrow a weed whacker)
- Do something about the caterpillar tents in the apple tree. I forsee some mighty delicious pies this year, if I could only find an apple sans worm holes. (I did my best, anyway. some of the tents are too high for me to get at)
- Paint the hallway (green, like the living room). Bedroom, too, if I get on a roll (white, for simplicity and to take advantage of all the pretty light in there). (maybe this week)
- While I'm at it, organize the bedroom bookshelf. maybe make Kraft paper sleeves for all the books.
- Snip some blossoms from the (plum?) tree that's only sort-of in the yard to swoon over indoors.
- Consider applying for a job so that I can feed myself for the next twelve months. (right. good idea.)