Thursday, July 15, 2010

Wedding, part eight - We stood there and we made promises


Anna: I love you.


Kyle: I love you.


Anna: And even though our lives are on the verge of some big changes,


Kyle: And I can't make any elaborate promises,


Anna: Because life is unpredictable and hard,


Kyle: I can promise this.


Anna: I promise to be your home, and to make you mine.


Kyle: I promise to talk with you openly every day.


Anna: I promise to listen, and to hear you.


Kyle: I promise to share in your joy,


Anna: and to be a respite from your sorrows.


Kyle: I promise that my words, my actions, and my heart will be honest and loyal always.


Anna: I promise to love you fiercely, and sweetly,


Kyle: Just as I have these past seven years, and above all,


Anna: I'll carry your heart with me


Kyle: I'll carry it in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment